Microsoft Outlook Express
Adding Pop3 mailboxes to your Outlook Express ver. 5
And that's it, there should be a folder on the left with the new name and the next time you get mail to that mailbox it should show up in there and not just all in the Inbox.
- 1. Open the Outlook express offline or online no matter
- 2. Click "tools"
- 3. click "accounts"
- 4. on the righthand side click the tab "ADD"
- 5. from there select "Mail"
- 6. In this box type in the name you want other mailers to display you with.
eg: John Smith Construction LTD (this can display the email if you like)
- 7. Then click the "Next"
- 8. select radio button I already have an email .......
then type your full email address in the box
- 9. Then click the "next"
- 10. Your incoming mail server should say POP3
type (ONLY) linetap.com in the incoming mail and linetap.com in the outgoing mail
- 11. Click the "Next"
- 12. Type your mailbox ID in this box
type your password for this ID's mailbox in the next box
- 13. select remember password or if you want to type it in every time uncheck the box
- 14. select "Next"
- 15. select "finish"
- 16. select the selection that is grayed out likely linetap.com(1) then select properties
Type in this box over the name already there what you want to call this MailBox
- 17. click apply then OK
- 18. then click "Close"
- 1. Click the tools
- 2. click message rules
- 3. select mail
- 4. select the tab Mail rules
- 5. on the right hand side select NEW
- 6. This stuff you will need to decide on your own
- 7. to make a second mailbox deliver to its own folder select box #1 where the to contains people.
- 8. In the #2 box select Move to specified folder
- 9. Now in box #3 click the contains people and type the mailbox address in that line
- 10. then click add
- 11. click the OK
- 12. then in the #3 box click specified folder
- 13. click New folder and type the folder name you want the mail moved to.
- 14. select ok
- 15. then select ok again
- 16. then ok again